Pleasant View Volunteer Fire Department Offers Free Smoke A
- Three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms
- More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
- In fires in which the smoke alarms were present but did not operate, almost half (46%) of the smoke alarms had missing or disconnected batteries.
- Dead batteries caused one-quarter (24%) of the smoke alarm failures.
Source: National Fire Protection Associaton, 2015
Free Smoke Alarms
Fill out the following form to get in contact with a PVVFD representative to schedule a smoke alarm